Friday, May 27, 2011

By Post

Participatory




By Post was an exploration of human relationships by post.  Participants were asked to write a message to one of my friends or relatives on a card I had previously addressed and signed.  I placed no restrictions upon their writing, trusting in the strength of my own relationships to withstand whatever was said.  The participants then selected a card with a message I had written and wrote the address of one of their own loved ones.  Most of these messages were about memories shared, such that the recipient might contact the participant to ask about the remembered event, causing interaction and strengthening their relationship.


I overlaid the responses from my loved ones and posted the photos so that the participants could see how their letters were received, thus allowing them back into the piece as observers.

No comments:

Post a Comment